Film and TV disbursements for Australian producers and their investors
As a trusted collection agency with more than 25 years experience collecting and distributing royalties to content owners, we’re keen to provide the industry with a state-of-the-art service option for Disbursement Administration that’s accessible, reliable and rewarding.
Disbursements by Screenrights offers:
- QUALITY & DETAILED REPORTING
- PEACE OF MIND & PROTECTED RETURNS
- 24/7 ACCESS ONLINE
- ANALYTICS ON SALES & INVESTMENT RETURNS
- A SUITE OF DASA PRODUCTS (see pricing)
How does it work?
All you need to do is select a DASA product.
Screenrights will prepare a Disbursement Administration Service Agreement (DASA) to circulate to all parties and assist with the contracting process.
We’ll also touch base with your distributors to let them know Screenrights is handling the disbursements for you. Distributors and sales agents will then pay revenues into secure bank account.
When returns flow through for your film, tv series or documentary, Screenrights collects the gross receipts, calculates who gets what, and disburses the returns to you and your investors.
All parties are notified of income received, expenses claimed and disbursements made.
You can watch it all happen in real-time via our online portal.
Transparency for Investors
Your investors will have online access to the project’s recoupment status and their disbursement reports.
We’ll take care of the admin so that you can get on with what you do best – producing engaging film and television.
Your returns are held in trust and no single beneficiary controls the collection, allocation and disbursement of revenues.
Protect your relationships by nominating a trusted third-party to collect and disburse returns.
You can be confident that revenue is accounted for fully, returns are disbursed accurately and tax has been applied appropriately.
- Matchbox welcomes Screenrights into the Disbursement arena, and we have been very pleased with the way that the service is developing. All of our investors expect accurate disbursements and transparent reporting - and, much like the service we have received from Screenrights across the educational space, we know that we can rely on Screenrights to deliver this.Chris Oliver-Taylor, Managing DirectorMatchbox Pictures
- We are pleased Screenrights is taking on this important function. It is reassuring that the industry will continue to have access to an Australian disbursement service. Screenrights is ideally placed to fill that role given its relationships in the industry over many years and the similarities between its current function and this new business.Bernadette Rheinberger, Manager, Recoupment & DisbursementScreen Australia
- Disbursement of gross receipts has become such a specialised activity that it often gets put in the too hard basket when time is short. I think it's great that Screenrights has now moved into this space, especially given their experience in royalties distribution over many years. It seems like a natural evolution of their services.Sue Taylor, ProducerTaylor Media